- 1 bag frozen green beans whole or cut
- 1 cup pre-shredded carrots
- 1/2 thinly sliced small red onion
- Bottled Italian salad dressing or vinaigrette
- Minced fresh cilantro to taste
- Salt pepper & garlic powder to taste
Heat green beans in the microwave for 4 to 5 minutes, until no longer frozen but not hot. Run under cold water for 20 to 30 seconds to cool. Drain and add carrots, onions and cilantro. Mix well. Add salad dressing/vinaigrette until all vegetables are lightly coated. Season to taste with salt, pepper and garlic powder. You can vary the proportions to suit your own taste. Perfect for a hot summer day!