This is a great way to use left-over salmon or a quick pantry meal.
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2/3 cup cream soup mix
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 tsp dried dill weed
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2tsp creamy horseradish
- 8 oz salmon fillet (or 1 (14 3/4 oz.) can, bones and skin removed)
- 9 oz frozen or canned asparagus
- 1/4 cup soft bread crumbs
Cook the rice in a saucepan according to the package directions.
In a saucepan over medium heat, mix the cream soup mix and the water. Heat until it boils and thickens. Add 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, dill, mayonnaise and horseradish. Blend well. Add sauce to rice and mix. Add salmon and asparagus. Pour into greased 2 quart casserole. Sprinkle the top with the bread crumbs and the remaining Parmesan cheese.
Bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.